Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Heartbreak

This is always a hard game. The Whalers, my beloved team, my childhood heroes, are back in town. Thing is, they're dressed in NASCAR colors, and call themselves the Southern Drizzle or something. Ugh. My poor, poor Whale.

Coming from a mixed household (Brooklynites relocated to Connecticut) I grew up loving both the Rangers and the Whale. I was a kid, what did I know? Besides, they both hated the Bruins, so it worked out. Now I'm a one team man (though I still have a soft spot for Edmonton). Still, seeing my old team breaks my heart.

As such, I want the Rangers to destroy them, utterly. Physically, spiritually, emotionally. I want them to eat their red tinted whale babies.

That's harsh. I just want a win, really. And a physical game. I can't stand the Allstar game. The skills competition, I love, always have, but the game itself is just a waste of time. Everyone's already gone through all the reasons, and I agree with them all. ALL OF THEM. Even some of the Devil fans. They're people too.

So I hear.

No comments: